Sunday, June 27, 2010

"Things as They Really Are" by David A. Bednar

I just finished reading an article by David Bednar in which he discusses the dangers of allowing the internet to take over your life. To a certain extent, I've allowed this to happen to me. It was at a time when I was very discouraged with how life was going at home and when I was trying to sort through a financial mess that had been handed to me.

In some ways it was cathartic to be able to write, interact with people when I was tied to the computer, in other ways it was a strain on my relationships that should not have been.

Sometimes I wish that we lived during a simpler time... yet all we have is now, don't let it slip away.

2 comments:

Opaque said...

This is a very profound article. I remember discussing such related topics where the current and the upcoming generation have become so obsessed with the recent advancements in technology that they are devoid of the pleasures that can be otherwise "really" experienced. The only benefit I notice is that communication has become more flexible. The rest could be unrealistic. And, I mainly state this in terms of games. Nowadays I see boys hooked up to their PS II's playing FIFA 2009 and such that they have no idea how it is to play them in real life. Sad, but true! Thanks for sharing this one!

welcome to my world of poetry said...

A wonderful write which I enjoyed very much,

Yvonne,